Come out to VOTE by October 21st, 2019
Assalamu Alaykum wa rahmatu Allah,
Dear community member,
As you all know, the Canadian Federal Election is scheduled for October 21st, 2019, and we need to do our part. Voting is one of the biggest acts available to Canadians and it is up to us to make our voices heard. It is important to be civically engaged in our country to have a say in how our future unfolds – how our younger sisters & brothers, future children and fellow community members will navigate the experiences we face today.
In the 2015 Federal Election, for the first time in Canada’s history, Canadian Muslims voted at rates above the national average – turnout reached 79% vs the national average of 68%. We want you to build on this momentum and continue to make the voice of our community heard.
We have already sent invitations to all politicians in our riding to attend the ISNA Islamic Centre of Canada and meet the community after prayer on the next three Fridays. And we are also working with two grass root organizations, The Canadian-Muslim Vote (CMV) and Future Majority, in raising awareness about the upcoming elections.
Here is what you can do right away to make a difference:
- Bring your questions, and learn from the official candidates, CMV and Future Majority – join us after Friday congregational prayer (October 11th & 18th) as well as a meeting with the some of the candidates between 7:30 pm and 8:30 pm on Friday, October 11th.
- If you have any concerns about Muslims voting, please contact our shuyukhs.
- We urge you to attend the CMV events and visit their website.
- Join the Movement with the Future Majority by clicking here.
- Educate yourself to understand the candidates’ values so you can make an informed decision.
- Do your part – go cast your VOTE on October 21st, 2019!