We’re here for you
- Are you having emotional difficulties?
- Struggling with problems or major changes?
- Need someone to talk to privately but don’t know where to go?
- You could use some faith based perspective?
- Want to talk to someone with experience?
Our counselors are here to listen to you, assist you, and refer you to appropriate resources if needed. It can be difficult to ask for help when you need it, especially given the stigma around seeking counselling. We want you to know that we’re here for you and our services are completely confidential and non-judgmental.
Signs you might benefit from counselling:
- You don’t feel like yourself
- You’ve lost someone or something important to you
- You’re using external substances or behaviours to feel better
- Something traumatic has happened
- You can’t seem to do the things you like to do or used to do
- Thinking about the issue takes up a lot of your time (at least an hour a day)
- The issue causes embarrassment and makes you avoid others
- The issue is negatively affecting school, work or relationships
- You feel overwhelmed or overtired for no apparent reason
- You’re experiencing disproportionate rage, anger, or resentment
- You’re experiencing anxious or intrusive thoughts
- You’re experiencing hopelessness
Youth Counselling: Make an appointment with Imam Hosam Helal: [email protected]
Family Counselling: Make an appointment with Sheikh Abdalla Idris: [email protected].
Important: If you or a loved one has a medical or psychological emergency and may be a danger to yourself/themselves or others, then please call 911 and seek help immediately. ISNA Canada does NOT serve as an emergency hotline and is not monitored daily. We pray this is a benefit to all who use it.