Did you know that 1 in 8 Canadian households struggle to put food on the table? Make a difference by getting involved: donate, volunteer, and spread the word.
The Food Bank, established in 2008, is our flagship project and has been running for 11 years with support from 65 volunteers dedicated to serving the underprivileged.
In 2019, we served 7,257 families consisting of 34,599 individuals and 5,500 breakfasts. The total weight of foods distributed was 433,583 lbs and our cost was $271,623 dollars.
Please help us in this noble cause and earn Sadaqa J’aariah for yourself in the Hereafter.
Thank you and may Allah SWT reward you and your family immensely. Ameen.
Hunger is invisible
Access to food is a basic human right. If you’re struggling to put food on the table, we’re here to help. With ISNA Food Bank, you won’t have to choose between paying the bills and feeding your family. Here’s how it works:
- Food Bank Distribution Day is held every first Saturday of the month at ICC (2200 S Sheridan Way) from 7 am – 11 am.
- To get signed up, simply arrive at the Food Bank with the required documentation:
- We have a wonderful group of volunteers who will greet you and direct you to the registration area.
- After a brief screening you’ll be given a card/pass. All information is confidential and we assure your privacy.
- You’ll then be directed to the Food Bank distribution area to receive your meal packages. Packages vary depending on the size of the family. We strive to provide healthy, nutritious, and culturally appropriate foods.
- Refreshments will be served, so please stick around and socialize.
- Re-assessment is required every 6 months.
Families registered with ISNA Food Bank are automatically entered into other distribution programs such as Qurbani meat distribution, Eid gift drive, back-to-school packages and a monthly community kitchen.
If you’ve got any questions, concerns or reservations, please call or email and we’ll assist you as best we can. Rest assured that you are our priority and we want you to feel comfortable in our care.
No one should go hungry, so please reach out if you need support: firstname.lastname@example.org